Fall Car Care Tips
- Fall is an excellent time to catch up on preventative maintenance, brakes, transmission service, flushes, etc.
- Wash and wax your car to prevent the salt build up of winter from damaging your vehicle’s paint.
- Make sure to have your antifreeze tested for its freeze point; clan and flush as needed.
- Check the vehicle heating and defrost operation before cold weather strikes.
- Be sure to change your oil and filter at proper intervals, and consider a fuel additive to clean your fuel system.
- Inspect wiper blades for damage and replace every 6 months. Consider using winter blades during the cold season.
- Make sure to have the suspension and steering system checked before winter.
- Test the battery and charging system to avoid being stranded this winter.
- Have an Emergency kit in your vehicle; be sure it contains jumper cables, flash light, and flares